We need to develop a healthy lifestyle in addition to healing our hearts, and there are many common-sense ways to maintain our health and healing, which include:
1) Eating nutritious whole foods: e.g. vegetables, a green salad every day, nuts/seeds, beans, fruits, whole grains, and organic eggs/meat (no or minimal pork). (Diet should be at least 50% raw, 80% ideal.)
The truth is, when God created humans, He put them in a garden and said, “Every seed-bearing plant on the face of the earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it, they will be yours for food” (Gen. 1:29, NAS). Then after the flood in Gen. 9:3 God added to this diet and said, “Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as I gave the green plant. Only you shall not eat flesh with its life (blood).” Furthermore, it is my experience that the closer we eat to the way God instructed, and the closer the food looks to the way God created it, the healthier we will be.
2) Eliminating unhealthy drinks and food, such as all soda, sugar and sugar products, wheat and corn products, highly processed food, which all cause inflammation leading to heart disease, arthritis, dementia, cancer, diabetes, etc.
3) Drinking plenty of clean water (6-8 glasses a day) and deeply breathing clean air.
4) Exercising: ~30 min. walk ~5x a week; stretching; strength training 3x a week, and jump on a mini trampoline 10 minutes each day.
5) Getting plenty of rest (7-8 hrs.)
6) Spending time with people or helping others.
7) Doing Mind exercises, such as memorizing, word puzzles, sudoku, learning something new, etc.
8) Continue to evaluate negative words, thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. Forgive all offenses to keep your love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, etc., reviewing the truths in the 9 core prayer focuses.