Do transformation stories inspire you? The before and after pictures look so different. My before picture looked like an angry, anxious, sad, and insecure person who was very sick. I was emotionally unpredictable and upset about something most of the time. I desired to love others from a pure heart but felt destined to be dysfunctional. Do you want to love from a pure heart and transform your life and relationships? Would you like to experience an emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical transformation as I did?
I am so happy to make this book available to you. This book has taken me about six years to complete. I first wrote Hope for Complete Healing in 2015 to help people overcome the issues affecting their lives. Breaking Mental Strongholds expands on this book, and I explain how I became free from known and repressed painful memories that controlled my thoughts, emotions, and reactions. Also, I describe how I broke down 20 mental strongholds built by the trauma of my past that are common to almost everyone. I am free from the prison of my past. I went to psychologists, counselors, and Bible studies, but I was still a mess. Nothing changed until God led me to understand the connection between painful memories, false beliefs, pride, offenses, resentment, oppressive spirits, and strongholds.
Jesus tells us in Luke 4:18, “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor [those in need]; [KJV adds; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted]. He has sent me to proclaim liberty [freedom; deliverance] to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed” (author inclusion is for clarity). I was captive to painful memories, blinded by false beliefs, and oppressed by attached evil spirits. Evil spirits also blind us spiritually and lead our thoughts astray (2Cor. 4:4; 11:3). Jesus has healed my broken heart. Now I am free and can be kind, loving, patient, and good to those around me, even hurtful, self-centered people.
PART ONE: Mental Strongholds and How to Break Them
Part one will answer these questions:
• What are mental strongholds, and why do we have them?
• How are strongholds built?
• What are unhealthy, false beliefs, and why do the strongholds protect them?
• Why do you need to destroy strongholds?
• How do painful memories rebuild destroyed strongholds?
• What creates memories, and how do childhood memories still influence you?
• How do words create bad memories?
• How can God heal our damaged emotions from painful memories?
• Why does emotional healing require forgiveness?
• How do we discern God’s leading when eliminating unhealthy, false beliefs and hurtful memories?
• How can you pray to heal your heart and destroy strongholds?
PART TWO: Fruit of The Spirit Transformation Guide
Part two will guide you to do the following:
• Find and transform conscious or repressed painful memories.
• Identify unmet expectations that caused painful memories.
• Recognize unhealthy beliefs that trigger adverse reactions.
• Expose and correct behavior issues from not being loved and accepted.
• Discover and heal destructive actions that stole your joy.
• Uncover and remove anxious and fearful memories, then regain peace.
• Repair painful memories of impatience and frustration.
• Realize and remove memories of unkindness.
• Change painful memories of when you or others were not good.
• Reveal the reasons for not trusting and being faithful, then restore trust.
• Remove all prideful, rough, and rude behaviors, then restore a gentle and humble spirit.
• Expose and eliminate self-control issues that negatively impact your ability to accept disappointment.
PART THREE: Tearing Down Strongholds
Part Three is a how-to, step-by-step guide to achieving victory over word curses, vows, soul ties, false beliefs, generational curses, demonic spirit influences, painful memories, and mental strongholds. This section will teach you to take every deceiving thought captive and apply truth to eliminate its impact. You will practice the power of prayer to transform false beliefs that influence wrong behavior and, ultimately, your destiny. Transform painful memories using the nine fruit of the Spirit worksheets on love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness/humility, faithfulness/trust, and self-control. I identify twenty-eight mental strongholds and how to break them.
If you find this website helpful, you will benefit from this book. You can order Breaking Mental Strongholds on Amazon.